• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prices of heatsinks in Asia compared to US/UK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheng

I'm just wondering is hardware in malaysia generally cheaper or more expensive than prices in the UK, or even US? I heard somewhere that although most stuff is made there (i.e. CPUs) its really expensive as they have to re-import them after exportation?

Also, could anyone recommend any cheap hardware stores, as I am going to there on holiday, and I could pick up something nice for cheap - I heard there is a coolermaster store somewhere? (I would be near KL)

Thanks.

Seek and ye shall find. I found a heatsink on ARIA.co.uk that is £6 and a copper / aluminium one, that goes up to XP3000 CPU's. It's a Dr Thermal if anyone's heard of them. I thought that was quite good. Then again, the ATI9800pro 256MB has just come out at overclock.co.uk @ £400 - that's $664. And I'm sure that's way expensive. Echange rate as of 28/06/2003 is £1 to $1.65. As for that price in Malaysian Ringgits, Cheng, that's be about R2523 for that ATI 9800pro. Worth buying in the UK or US then Cheng? I can find the 128MB 9800pro for $360 - $380 - definitely better than $664.

EDIT - forgot you were only asking about heatsinks halfway through that. The exchange rate is about 3.8 Ringgits to the US Dollar - that Dr Thermal would be R36.50. /EDIT

Last edited:
I think you guys misunderstand me: I am going to malaysia on holiday, and I am wondering if Malaysia is cheaper than UK, not the other way around!

Its just that I remember some people here from malaysia, so I was looking for some recommended shops :)

Well, anyway, thanks guys for the effort! :)

Back