• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Be sure to run memtest86 at high FSBs if you are having Prime95 errors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drshivas

Sith Lord
Just want to share a bit of experience with you all... I got my 8rda+, Barton 2500+, Mushkin black PC3200 (had to boot off a stick of Crucial initially though- :rolleyes: ) and went through all the paces and mods (no vdd mod though). I still got prime95 errors around 200-210 FSB. In the beginning, I ran memtest86 at default 166 FSB without problems and thought everything was fine with the RAM. After a while, I decided to test the RAM at 5x200, 2-2-2-5. Turns out I had a bad stick of Mushkin that wouldn't run at it's rated DDR400 in any DIMM slot.

So for all you out there scratching your head with high quality RAM, modestly high FSBs, good cooling, and upped voltages, try memtest86 at that target FSB and low multiplier, and see if your RAM is ok, even if it passed at lower speeds. Muskin got me a new dual pack out the next day and everything has been fine since.

Good luck!

Back