• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best use for dead thermaltake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

I had a crystal orb die after about 2 months so I found a good use for part of it :D
Pencil.jpg
The pencil sharpener had been overheating after doing about 10 pencils in a row so I figured it needed some vents. Works great now!

haha thats um...quite interesting. :D At least thermaltake stuff is good for something!

(maybe this needed to be alternative modding but i could be wrong)

Ah I bet it should be over there. I just saw general cooling and figured it fit. I resized it for the 56kers

This is actually a good idea. My pencil sharpener overheats pretty easily. All I've got are two Thermalright SK6+'s, though. Looks like I know what to do with them now :D.

A Boston pencil sharpener! ha ha You must be crazy! I can't believe you bought into all the hype. A Wilson sarpener can grind circles around a Boston in #2 pencils per minute, and thats without any volt mods or special cooling! Cool Idea!

... right... ....

I was thinking about picking up one of these Boston sharpeners for my almost-finished pencil sharpening rig. Would you recommend it? Should I water cool it? What's its IPCM (Inches of Pencils Chewed per Minute) rating?

:D :D :D :D :D

Mabye I will get some decals, plexi glass and some cold cathoid tubes! And phase change is comming very soon. The baby is overclocked at 140,000 rpm right now. I can do 1452.6 pencils in under 2 minutes. I know guys who do more but I am modest. :D What can I tell you, Boston is the way to go if you can blow the dough.

Ah crap! I knew I should have gone with the Boston! I was too hastey and instead of saving up a little longer for one, I went out and bought one of those sharpening kits (the Pencair Hydrosharp). I'm only getting 83 000 RPM right now. :( :mad: :(

Back