• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clip on socket A heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I wanted to get SLK900U but I just realized my mother board doesn't have screw mount holes... MSI K7N2
all SLKs use screws right?..
damn.. what are my other heat sink options out there?

Yup, the SLK-800a is the heatsink for you. I had one on my previous AMD setup, and it was great. idle temps of 36c at 11 x 210fsb. Plus, each side has 3 notches to hold the HS securely.
Be VERY CAREFUL with the SLK line though, as it's pretty easy to chip a die with 'em. Match it up with your favorite 80mm fan, and you'll be in good shape. -Personally, I preferred the YS-Tech 80mm fan because it moved 45cfm but only at 37dB, or about the same noise level as an Aeroflow (which is also a very good HSF unit, and will cost close to half as much if you're concerned about the $$$).

slk-800A is for you

it actually comes with these little pads that you can stick on your heatsink or cpu inself and this will insure that there isn't too much pressure on teh cpu core

Back