• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would this be a good cooling config?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, have a 9500 on the way, so I'm thinking of getting one of those big zalman heatpipe coolers for it, and getting some tweakmonster BGA ramsinks.

Would these be good? or would just making my own work as well, and be cheaper?

EDIT: would the thermaltake girant II perform as well as the zalman?

Last edited:
The thermaltake heatpipe will probably perform better than the Zalman, but remember it has a loud fan on it too. I'd much rather put a 120mm fan (or something of the like) right by the zalman.. proabably out perform the ThermalTake then.

Personally, I think those Ramsinks are overpriced... You could easily go town to a random parts place (I know I go to "American Science and Surplus") and pick up a few old heatsinks and cut them to my size. While this is a lot cheaper, it also takes more time. Its really up to you if you find the time/price ratio good for you.

Overall, get a Zalman, and if you plan on overclocking that 9500, then make sure they'res a fan pushing air on the Zalman. Whatever memory heatsinks you choose will probably perform equally.

Hope that Helps?!

yep, I decided to get a stock heatsink and chop it up, I just wondered if those things had any added benefits.

Back