• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MEM or MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi guys,

Recentley I brought a Kingston PC2700 mem stick to plug into the GA7VAXP mob how is currently living with a PC2100 Mem (kingston) I plugged the mem but it always shows the 256 mb! Both are 256 MB sticks. In the articles somewhere I saw someone using both in same mobo so i thought to try it out. Well seperstley boths working ok. Any idea what is the wrong with this. FSB I set to auto before plugging the mem so they'll run in hte same speed but it won't happen. Any ideas what could be the wrong?

Is it showing 256 at POST and in Windows, have you tried in slots one and three?
Hood

will try that out

Hi Hood,

I didn't get any prob like 256 u mention and I'm using a face wizard with a logo so most of that background is not visible until i come to the boot option menu. So far I din't went on switching mem 1 and 3 will try that, but now i've idea abt giving back the mem to shop and buy a hard disk and try to taid feature in this mobo cause i never had try that before. I think learning that feature is useful if ya going to learn abt servers too. Anyway hood i'll try your mem switchng method and will let know. Thanks for the advice.:cool:

NoProgress with memor slots

Hi Hood,

I tried with changng the mem slots 1 and3 butsame prob it boots ub but only get 256mn. So I gave up thinking to check up with the same mem module. Anyway today or tommorow i'll get the new hard disk and will start the raid system test. thanks for the advices.

Back