• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps o.k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P-nut

I got some shin-etsu today for my slk-800 and my temps are 46c idle and 56c load(prime95).With AS3 my temps where 43c idle and 51c load.People say with shin-etsu temps drop pretty good after a 3 day break-in.BTW these temps are with the specs in my sig.:D

I have also noticed that idle temp of 46c will drop to 44c at times.

Hmm, with an SLK-800 and a Tornado, I would expect to see temps a bit lower than that. Then again, you can't really ever trust temps reported by any board (I'm assuming that's what you're using). With that in mind, those temps are fairly decent. :)

tio said:
Hmm, with an SLK-800 and a Tornado, I would expect to see temps a bit lower than that. Then again, you can't really ever trust temps reported by any board (I'm assuming that's what you're using). With that in mind, those temps are fairly decent. :)

I felt the same about the combo.Right now its 1:25 am and motherboard monitor is showing 44c idle.I should see the temps drop alittle in 3 days when the compund breaks in.:D Those temps I posted earler was in the hottest part of the day:mad:

all the top 5 thermal compounds perform within a 1C of each other.... i think shin-etsu will either be .2C hotter or colder then the arctic silver 3 from a review i read some time ago....

what's your case temp btw? with my 1.8vcore my cpu temp would be about 40C idle when my case temp was about 32C, on a hot day a few days ago my case temp went up to 42C and my cpu temp was about 46C idle, this is with my fan at 3000rpm on a cooler days and 4200rpm on the hotter days...

your temps seem a little high to me... they're not dangerously high or anything it's just that i would expect your temps to be <40C with your setup

(cpu core/die temps)

Yes, but once it "sets", your processor isn't going to run more than a degree or two lower.

Back