• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DLX problem HLP PLS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

A7N8X dlx nForce 2 Driver prob...

NEW PROBLEM:
In an attempt to update and reinstall the nForce 2 all-in-one driver and the 3com, etc. etc., I encountered a problem. Whenever and however I attempt to install the nForce2 driver using either the one d/led from ASUS' website or Nvidia's website, it attempts to begin the process of opening the install program (InstallShield Wizard) and then when it tries to open, it just starts than dissappears... i don't know what the hell is wrong

it seems as if for some odd reason it doesn't like and won't install any nForce 2 drivers onto my system... I tried the one from nvidia's site, I tried the one from ASUS' site, I used the one off of the driver CD i got with my A7N8X and nothing works and they all do the same...! Any suggestions?
I know its really maybe software or some software config but pls help me, its confusing and I'm trying to figure it out!

-------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL PROBLEM LAST NIGHT (It got fixed, look @ the last post of mine)...

Aight, I was out, left my puter on with an FTP open getting some files from someone... anyway... i got home, went to my puter, and looked @ the screen and my Windows XP had a BSOD with some error regarding Kernel something (I don't remember exactly). Kinda worried me, thought it was a virus or something, but then I thought it was an overheat (never had seen this b4, never had a random reboot with the OC listed below)... but anyway

I rebooted, everything seemed fine, xcept no internet... and now I don't have internet

i've done a lot of checking regarding everything from the hub (goes from router to my hub thru coax then from that hub to my puter with a CAT5 cable)... i switched it to a CAT5 and tried different configs with the hub... every other computer in my house not connected to that hub has internet too though, so its not the ISP... the cable in between comps is probably not it, because the "activity light" on the hub turns on and blinks when I connect it to the comp

After lots of work, I seem to have decided it was the NIC's on the mobo... tho I don't know what to do or how to test or anything...

when they are activated, both of the ports have one light on (the bottom Nvidia has only green lit and the top 3COM has only amber lit) and that LED is on and always not (not blinking) and does not change/turn off when I plug the CAT5 in either one... It seems like it is an error that my mobo is telling me, but I can't tell

someone pls help me, im @ an internet cafe and haven't had any success, i've reinstalled about everything, did tons of virus tests and tests of everything, and I don't know whats wrong!!! I am admining a major LAN party next weekend and can't/don't want to RMA this mob and arghh... i need my internet, pls help me! THNX!! :)

Last edited:
hrmmm

try uninstalling nvidia nic from device manager and refresh it so that it installs all drivers for you automatically

goto dos(type cmd in run), type ipconfig /all, make sure you have a physical address(xx-xx-xx....), it is posible to change in in the uber bios so somethign may have gone wrong there

i would also upgrade to 1004uber, 1005 is hated by many....

goto taskmanager(right click on taskbar...), in the networking tab, goto view and select columns and tell it to show bytes sent and bytes received... is it sending receiving??

i know the 3com nic isn't nearly as good as the nvidia nic but you may have to use it for now :/

I don't know man, neither of my NICs on it work... i'm @ a friend's house now, so I'm going to dwonload the 1004uber BIOS and hopefully get that all properly running... i hate not having internet gahh...

and i'll check all of what you said and try them and let you know...

this is really baffling me, so I definiely need your help... any other suggestions anyone can provide me is helpful!! thnx! :)

I'm worried it could have been something regarding that BSOD and an error or change in the config and main operating files in my OS or something that no longer would allow me to have internet (don't ask me wierd thought) like... which would require me to do reinstall, tho thats the worst case scenario that I definitely aren't going to do...! Thnx again anyone for help... :)

Go to the command prompt and type "ipconfig /all".
Take a piece of paper and write down the "Physical Address"
Now restart your system, and enter "Advance", "Integrated Peripherals" sections in the bios.
Enable "MAC(NV) Address" and Input a mac address.
You will only be putting in the first half of the numbers from your "Physical Address"
example: "000661"

Hopefully this little trick will work for you...

Aight... apparently when I got home to my computer and after it had been turned off for quite some time, I just turned it on and the computer worked...

now I have a NEW problem which I need help with... because I felt like making all of the system much better and crap, I decided to re-install the drivers and crap for the Nvidia and 3COM and so on hardware... (as well as flash the BIOS anyway) and so yeh...

read up, I edited my first post to state the NEW problem :(

so you flashed your bios? which one?

did you setup the bios again like it was before?

something to try would be flash back to your original bios

Buddha Im having the same problem. I simply cannot update my Nforce2 drivers. Neither Nvidaia's or Asus's drivers will load. The install shield wizard starts then nothing. Anyone else have this proble?? Anyone know how to get the update to work or why it is not working?? Help please!

Slacker said:
Buddha Im having the same problem. I simply cannot update my Nforce2 drivers. Neither Nvidaia's or Asus's drivers will load. The install shield wizard starts then nothing. Anyone else have this proble?? Anyone know how to get the update to work or why it is not working?? Help please!

Hey slacker, hang in there... i am not in desperate need of installing them, but I am disgruntled and still trying to figure it out... i can't get crap to run now at all, a USB compact flash card reader won't read at all and stuff :(

anyway, one guy said that there is lots of problems with I think version 2.1 Nforce drivers (which, since I got my mobo/driver CD in march, and that 2.1 came out in Jan) is on both the CDs and the website

he told me version 2.0 is the good one, so he is finding me a link to it and I'll try those...

i'll let ya know, keep watch in this post and i'll reply :)

I can't get my SimpleTech usb cf card reader to work either. I've given up on it. All other usb devices seem to work fine (printer, game controllers, even another usb cf card reader).

Back