• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Aero 7+ blower on a Swiftech 462-U HS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steelforge

I've seen a 20% improvement over my old Sun-on 39 cfm radial fan and it's quite a bit quieter.

Would look pretty spiffy if they could LED the thing as well.

This might be the furture of air cooling.

I'm very interested in blower type fans. I wonder why they have such small fins and why they never have very high rpm's or cfm's. I think they should be very good, because most jets use them as well... not propellers

I most likely will eventually. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to beat my FSB problem.

There isn't a whole lot of room for play in one of these things. The enclosure is just big enough to hold the fan and that's it. The thing I'm wondering about is whether you could use a tube ducting system to take outside air directly to the intakes. It certainly looks feasible.

Steelforge what's up with the cfm rating on that aero blower? Isn't it a lot lower than 39cfm?

I believe it is around 26.9 cfm? I believe that is right.

She doesn't move nearly as much air as my old 80mm, but the air is placed directly into the center of the 462-U. Load temp is 45C on a default 2500+. Or better put, my room temp is 70 F and my CPU is at 109 F.

Now that I look at the size of the intake appeture again, I think a black plastic vacuum hose would do the trick for a duct. Now I just have to figure out how to attach the other end to one of the 80 mm intake fans.

I just put one of these HSF setups (complete Aero7) on my wife's computer and it works great and isn't that loud. I have read a bunch of reviews on it saying it was real loud at full power but it's really nothing plus it moves decent air over the CPU. I wonder if it would do any good on an SLK?

Originally posted by rugbyroy
I'm very interested in blower type fans. I wonder why they have such small fins and why they never have very high rpm's or cfm's. I think they should be very good, because most jets use them as well... not propellers

acutally, that's not true. A jet engine does not use that type of fan where the fins are placed at a 90 degree angle to the spin. Take a look at a jet sometime, you'll notice that they still use the typical propellar style, but they use many, many blades that overlap.

jet's and airplanes remind me of noise..

blowers are loud.

I think the future of cooling is heatpipes... laptops seem to have the right idea.

Back