• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano9 cool a 2500+barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

I got 2 hours...the place im going to doesnt sell slk 800s...so i have a choice volcano 7+, volcano 9, volcano 11.

What would be best to cool a 2500+!
I have read other bost butnot found any directly dealing wiht any processors that are a 2500+.

Help me out AsAp. Thanks

~Zoltan

If those are your only choices, then go with the Volcano 7+. It performs better than the other two apparently.

Check it out here.
^ Check out the "Air Cooling DIE Simulator C/W TEST RESULTS" section.

- Hope that helps!

i've read several posts on ppl crushing their cpu cores with volcano 7+s.... be very careful if you get that

volcano 9 is supposed to work with 2800+, if you lap this heatsink it will help you're temps alot

i hope you're not planning to overclock.... volcano's are definetly not overclocking heatsinks... don't just buy a lesser heatsink just cause they don't carry it where you shop... svc.com still has the $34 sale price for slk-800a

what fan?

so, u guys prefer the slk-800 for cpu heatsink? Sorry I am new to overclocking, and I know nothing about fans and heatsinks... What fan would you suggest to go with the slk-800? In the picture on svc,com it doesnt show a fan, but in the review it sounded like it did...

The Slk series of heatsinks do not come with a fan. They do offer you a choice of what size fan do you want to mount. You can mount anywhere from a 60cm up to a 92 mm fan. It all depends on your personal preference and how much cooling you want.

i dont plan on overclocking yet. And when i do ill get a slk-800 then i will take the fan from the volc 9 and pop it on there..but i might go with an 11 i dunno.

I used a volcano 9 coolmod on my Barton 2800 o/c and it did about 15c more than it does on my SLK800. I did take the fan off my Tt though and use it on my 800 and it works wonders. I would say just order on SLK-800 to start off; no need to spend extra money. The thick aluminum fins on the volcano9 really killed it in my setup but if you don't overclock it them it may do alright. Keep in mind that SF2 is really loud at full speed so use the sensor or keep it turned to about half way. If your dead set on using a Tt then get the volcano11 at least.

If you get the SLK-800, usign a Smart case fan II will be a good way to go. You can adjust the fan speed with the smart case fan II, so you don't have to put up with it blasting away like a 747 taking off (or you can, if you want ;)).

Back