• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcool NorthPole northbridge cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiccocool

Registered
Since one month I use NorthPole (www.microcool.it) on my Abit NF7-S and I gain 223 MHz of FSB stable (10 MHz more than stock cooling).

dissy.jpg

sidewindercomputers_1748_1159639

I know it's possible going further with the new revision NF7-S 2.0, is someone near 250 FSB with a particular NB cooling?

man that sucks...doesn't list any NA resellers...got my hopes up for nothing :(...that is a nice NB cooler I will say...pretty nice specs on it...and most of the ones I have seen hit 250...has been either pelted or WCed...or a homemade aircooled NB HS (socket 370 HS with a delta or YS Tech 60mm fan)...

glock19owner said:
man that sucks...doesn't list any NA resellers...got my hopes up for nothing :(...that is a nice NB cooler I will say...pretty nice specs on it...and most of the ones I have seen hit 250...has been either pelted or WCed...or a homemade aircooled NB HS (socket 370 HS with a delta or YS Tech 60mm fan)...

Looking around the web i found it on www.sidewindercomputers.com but of course I got it in Italy :D

chiccocool said:
Looking around the web i found it on www.sidewindercomputers.com but of course I got it in Italy :D

Cool :thup:

Microcool NorthPole northbridge cooling kit at sidewinders

"Every Northpole package includes 8 additional accessories called ChipSinks. Six of them are designed for attachment to the MOSFET power regulators, normally found near the ATX power connector. Two additional ChipSinks are to be placed on the PLL chips. These typically regulate your front side bus speed. The higher your FSB, the hotter they run. This is how extreme users will achieve higher and more stable front side bus clock speeds. All ChipSinks come prepped with a peel-off Chromerics T405 thermal interface pad."

32.95 for the complete kit...not too bad really...not considering most people buy the ramsinks seperate...

Thermaltake makes one very similar to that. The only problem with theres is its loud as hell and barely moves air. That does look nice though.

Edit* Actually it look like that pushes the same amount of air, if it works good maybe the Tt does also.
Thermaltake Tiger

Back