• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

See if you can find out this problem! KX7-33 mobo memory problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punisher69

okay anywayz before I start lemme tell u this.

I have flashed the bios with official bios - can't be bios

In Bios I have memory settings from 2.55 to 2.85.

Right now I am set at 2.55 Volts.

In Bios PC Health it is reading 2.64 volts when set to 2.55 Volts

On the Motherboard the Mosfet beside the ram is reading 2.51 Volts.

When I Set it to 2.6 Volts It Freezes at Boot at and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

When I Set it to 2.65 Volts It Freezes at Boot at and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

When I Set it to 2.7 Volts It Freezes at Boot at and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

When I Set it to 2.75 Volts It Freezes at Boot and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

When I Set it to 2.8 Volts It Freezes at Boot and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

When I Set it to 2.85 Volts It Freezes at Boot and the Mosfet on the Motherboard Reads 1.4 Volts

I Have Tried Volt Modding the motherboard with pin 3 on the Memory Voltage regulator with a 50k ohm pot.

As I adjust Voltage goes up in Bios as well as the Mosfet.
Anywhere from 2.5 Volts to 3 Volts.

I Can Adjust it in Bios and watch the voltage change but when i reboot i get the same problem it freezes but this time the Mosfet reads 1.5Volts.

Now Would this problem be from the Memory Voltage Regualtor or from the Mosfet Beside the Memory?

Need someone with good electronics background to answer this one.

Please E-mail me at [email protected] if you can figure this one out...... So Far noone in this forum has
figured it out for me.

These are other threads with me talking about the problem

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184041

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186229

I think its the voltage regulator on the DIMMs if the power drops after adjusting it. You can have the board repaired but you will have to tell them that you did VMod the memory so you will have to pay for the service. Next time don't mod a broken board:beer:

Back