• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Classic: Which motherboard to buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

This will be the setup, where money is an issue.

AthlonXP 2500+ Barton
Cheapo PC3200 DDR Ram.
Decent Video Card.
SB Audigy or Good Onboard sound with MoBo.

Any suggestions.

PS: Don't need onboard Video or LAN.

head on over to best buy and get your self a 9500pro for $150... :D.....then head to excaliberpc.com and get yourself an nf7-s 2.0 maybe a tad more expensive then other options but the onboard sound is phenominal and it is also has a ton more features....everythihng that an nforce2 board can have and the most overclockable board on the market as of now :D......this one I think is going for $118........this way you wont need another sound card....as for no nic....good luck cause they all have nic's now adays :D

I have an MSI K7N2 L - it's cheap and for me it's been stable.
As for your video card, check a Radeon 9700 non-pro - newegg.com has them for about $210. It's plenty fast (I get 14k 3d2001@1024*768 32 bit), even with no O/C!

Ok.

I didn't want to get the NF7-S because of it's hefty price tag. All them bells and whistles is all fine and dandy, but I just want a great performer with good features.

I don't need to know about the vid card and everything else, just the moBo.

Back