• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk800 fit in Sonata

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Ok i have heard that the sonata is a bit smaller and there is not much room between the psu and the cpu... I hav ejust heard it i could be wrong.. but will a slk800 fit in that case.. i dont understand how a hsf wouldnt but just wondering if anyone has encountered problems.

Thanks

Zoltan

It seems that you can fit an SLK-800 in a Sonata case... I think it may depend on whether the socket is vertical or horizontal, though (lugs on top and bottom or left and right). A left and right configuration seems to work.

This guy seemed to fit.... or maybe thats a Sk-6.. Not positive, but someone else should know.

***EDIT***:
Alright, I searched around and found a sucess story.
SLK-800 Installed in this Antec Sonata case. He also has an MSI Nforce Mobo, which has the slot with the lugs on the top and bottom. This should eliminate any suspicion that the SLK-800 would not fit in the Sonata. Looks like you have a good case/hs combo!

Last edited:
I would believe so, yes. (Assuming
this is your board? I believe you might have typed a couple letters in a different order.)

Ya sorry i had a typo. That is my board.

COOL so it will fit?

Thanks for all the help man, i really appreciate it.. oh btw NIce advatar..lol :D

Yeah, from my guesstimates it should work (from that MSI Nforce board that guy had installed in a Sonata, it looks like you have even more room between the socket and the PSU with that Asus board).

And about the avatar... Maybe you'll get a kick out of this...

Ffats said:
Yeah, from my guesstimates it should work (from that MSI Nforce board that guy had installed in a Sonata, it looks like you have even more room between the socket and the PSU with that Asus board).

And about the avatar... Maybe you'll get a kick out of this...

damn that is awsome!
and thanks for the help

~Zoltan

Back