• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help debugging condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK if you read my past posts I had some problems with condensation. I threw my fans back in because I can't risk my parts. (still looking for that summer job) I was running a chiller mod with the water at -20c in the mini fridge. Needless to say condensation was trying. after a little while running it I say condensation comming through the insulation folds here:
Fullcoverage.jpg
down near the bottem. So lets take a look at the water block:
WB.jpg
So I put insulation tape allover the block and got this:
Coverage.jpg
and on the bottom:
Underside.jpg
. I also noted that the metal hose clamps that are only touching the insulation tape also began to sweat (why). The socket was fully siliconed and stuff but here is a picture for reference :
Silicone.jpg
And here is a picture of the hoses going to the fridge:
Whole.JPG
So any thoughts on how to stop this vicious condensation? Why was the tape letting condensation through? I have heard from some people to just coat the board is silicone. I am gona stick with air for now but I need to know where the flaws in my design are.

in the first pic i noticed a lack of insulation where the lines go in, i know its covered but i wouldve packed that stuff in there, around the clamps etc. i also saw on the backside of the board there is no insulation and condensation will form on the backside of the board. put some insulation tape about 4 inches square around the backside of the cpu socket. its lookin good though, keep after it :D

Back