• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non-loud 80X80X38mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Hey, are there any 80X80X38mm fans out there that are not jet engine wannabes? I know the 38mm thick will push more air at a higher pressure, and in the environment I wish to use them, volt-modding will NOT be an option. Nor will rheostats or resistors.

The Thermaltake SmartFan2 at low speed pushes good air but at full speed its louod as hell. Thats about all I can think of, I'll be interested to see what else there is.

the vantecs are pretty good for what your looking for and move a pretty reasonable amount of air as for being 80x80x38 im not sure on the 38 they are also VERY cheap

u always say that, but even a tornado at 7v has this distinct whine to it that i personally cant stand :)

obliv said:
u always say that, but even a tornado at 7v has this distinct whine to it that i personally cant stand :)

so true, but i already got used to it, i cant tell whenever im listening to music or playing games.

maybe people have different sensitivities (sp?) to different frequencies?:eh?: just a thought...

I'd look for some Papst fans.. ;) Don't know for sure if they make any 80x80x38 models though, but I'd be surprised if they didn't..

Back