• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU on NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh because I'm probably going to end up getting on NF7-S 2.0 and was trying to decide on a CPU. Does anyone recommend anything beside a 1700+?

Barton XP2500, those CPU's are awsome for the price (under $100 virtually everywhere). most overclock to 2.2Ghz with decent cooling, that's Barton XP3200 speed (a $100 chip performing identicle to a $400+ chip) :D

The 2100's are pretty decent overclockers too, but your best bet is probably the 1700.

nikolasmor said:
what will I be able to overclock the 1700 to with good air cooling and bios changes

Depends on the stepping of the CPU, with a JIUHB DLT3C on a good week u can get easily up to 2200-2300Mhz + with vCore of 1.7-1.75

if you get a late stepping A don't get too bummed out... they overclock well, and after all, for $40 - $60 you can't go wrong. i am able to push mine past 2.2 but backed down due to my ram, and that's at 1.7v.

Back