• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Giant II Video Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the zalman heatpipe is a much better build imo, and it doesnt need a fan, no noise.. i was at 380/720 until my radeon decided to fail (the backplates glue melted off in my car in 100 degree weather).

obliv said:
the zalman heatpipe is a much better build imo, and it doesnt need a fan, no noise.. i was at 380/720 until my radeon decided to fail (the backplates glue melted off in my car in 100 degree weather).

WELL then maybe that Zalman Wasn't so good after ALL. Personaly I like Thermal Takes stuff it has done me well over the years.

do either (Zalman or this TT) do anything to your RAM??

it seems like they dont touch the ram chips, just cover them holding in more heat which would seem counterproductive?

TRUE these do NOT touch the RAM sinks but some may say RAM sinks are just decoration because they actually do nothing anyways.
But I think they help a little

I think I would have to go for the Zalman. I am looking for the quiet PC solution. 28dba is just too loud for me since I am running L1A's in my case.

Back