• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7 Max and AMD Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[sAn]Assasin

Registered
Got the latest bios for the at7-max and when coupled up with the 2500 barton the bios says "unknown cpu type"

And defaults to 500mhz..

When clocked upto the correct mhz (1.8) it crashes everytime going into windows or booting up (no screen @ all dead no bios etc,no beeps)

So the crashes are pretty random..
One thing though after it has crashed the bios settings have gone so its back at 500mhz?

Tried this setup now on from factory bios, latest bios and second to latest bios..

I know the stup did work fine as b4 the 2500 it ran a 2100xp for several months..

when you selected the correct speed, did you select the correct voltage? It should be 1.65v for a barton, and if the defualt speed was 500 then it would have run a realy low vcore, and if you havnt changed it then thats your problem.
:)

The AT7-Max doesn't support the Barton core, I think. Total thread resurrection, but what version of the board did you have? I have an updated version of the board, and I might try to put a Barton on there, but if not, I'll go for a 2400+

Last edited:
Back