• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rpm on TT Smart Fan 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

01_VTEC SE

my Abit NF7-S reports that my rpm is only ~2300 on full and less than 1000 on low. I thought they were rated at 4800rpm??? Is something wrong with mine?

oh and it's not loud at all

you must be using the temperature control instead of the manual switch. 4800rpm is DEFINITELY LOUD!!!! i have one, and this is one reason i went watercooling!

I don't think there's really anything wrong. My mobo does the sames thing basically with my case fan. I just think that some mobos have a problem with the tracking of RPM's mine shows between 2200 - 5500 up and down all the time. just a glitch.

BrianS said:
you must be using the temperature control instead of the manual switch. 4800rpm is DEFINITELY LOUD!!!! i have one, and this is one reason i went watercooling!

that's what I thought too, but I tried both......

it's no where near the 60mm delta's (just for comparision)

I'll check the temps when I get home today

LiquidVision said:
I don't think there's really anything wrong. My mobo does the sames thing basically with my case fan. I just think that some mobos have a problem with the tracking of RPM's mine shows between 2200 - 5500 up and down all the time. just a glitch.

uhh...no

he'd be able to tell if it was running right, there is a huge difference in sound from 2200 to 5k

Connect it directly to a PSU molex connector. My Tt SF II does the same thing when I use the 3 pin connector and connect it to the motherboard.

I didn't even try the mobo header :(

I learned NOT to use it in my delta 60mm days

I'm stumped, unless this fan is defective

I have one of those...I'm thinking about switching back to the thermal prob sensor thingy magiga those SOB's are low....compared to the other fan I had..

as far as the jumpers there should be a 2 or 3 pin connection on the fan but I can't quite remember which it is (2 or 3) but thats where the blue jumper goes...full RPM.s you shall be amazed at the difference.

01_VTEC SE said:
where do I put it?

Remove both the manual and sensor controls. One of them (I think it was the sensor) was connected to two pins - jump those.

This should let you now if it is the fan or manual control at fault.

Robin Hood said:

Remove both the manual and sensor controls. One of them (I think it was the sensor) was connected to two pins - jump those.

This should let you now if it is the fan or manual control at fault.

i tried that just now...... the rpms don't go above 2360
just as a reference, I can sleep on my desk with the case open (it's not loud at all)

Back