• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooMasster716

Well im building my first AMD system, and i just wanted to get some suggestions on some inexpensive motherboards, Im thinking norce 2 but yeah im an AMD noob so throw what ou know at me plz oh yah ry and keep it under $120

well i live in the UK so i don't know how much this motherboard is in the states but get a Abit NF7 version 2. Best board you can get at the moment

Well what is your computer experience as far as building them? Because from what I understand building a comp with an NF7 can be a bear. If you do not have a lot of experience in building comps you may want to consider going with a motherboard with a KT400 chipset. Not to mention they are a bit cheaper as well. I am not just saying this because it is what I am running either, it is just that I have seen a lot of posts with peeps having problems getting thier Nforce 2 boards working properly. The NF7 is the big dawg on the block right now and is a very nice board for OC'ers though.

as far as building computers go, i built this intel system and have done some mos before. This is my first amd system and ive heard that sometimes they can be a hassle depending on the motherboard.

I've determined from my experience, that no manufacturer has perfect QC. Choosing a mobo is really a crapshoot and you just have to accept the fact that you may get a lemon and have to RMA. You'll hear a horror story from almost every given model of motherboard, especially in a community this size.

Generally I'd say a NF7-S would fit the bill for your intended price range.

TUK101 said:
Well what is your computer experience as far as building them? Because from what I understand building a comp with an NF7 can be a bear. If you do not have a lot of experience in building comps you may want to consider going with a motherboard with a KT400 chipset. Not to mention they are a bit cheaper as well. I am not just saying this because it is what I am running either, it is just that I have seen a lot of posts with peeps having problems getting thier Nforce 2 boards working properly. The NF7 is the big dawg on the block right now and is a very nice board for OC'ers though.

my nf7-s is no harder to install/setup than my ecs k7s5a. the nf7-s is the benst nforce at this time, its perfectly stable, has top onboard sound and overclocks like a beast. thers no reason not to get it.

I would suggest the Abit NF7-S, the Epox 8RDA+, or the Asus A7N8X. They are all good board for the price. If you are looking for pure overclocking power, go Epox. If you want some really good overclocking performance, and some nice little bells and whistles, go with the Abit. If you are looking for a lot of nifty little features, and average overclocking go with the Asus. I have the NF7-S and I love it because of all of the little things that it has like soundstorm and SATA. It is also very stable and will take any overclock that you throw it's way (within reasonable limits).

Back