• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help decide what fan I need for o/c'ed 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

hey

my system has 4 case fans. One of which is on the side window blowing right onto the cpu, another is an exhaust fan on the top of the case. The other two are on the front/back of the case.

My question is, what fan do I need for my overclocked xp 1700+ b, probly around 2.3-2.5ghz. I have Abit NF7 mobo right now.

Here are some of my potentials that I've seen around.
-Vantec Aeroflow
-TT Volcano 9 coolmod
-Thermalright slk 700/800/900

I don't know too much about fans, but any help at all from you guys would be awesome.

Also, my price range is about ~~$30

any advice on fans or ANY other good fans please tell me!

I'd say a Thermalright SK7 paired with a Thermaltake SmartFan II is about your best option. You can find both at both newegg and svc.

hey, whats svc?

also, I think Ill get the vantec aeroflow, the slk is too expensive for me:-( hopefully this'll still work

i think the smt fan 2 is awsome. for some specs on it read the first post of, "if any of you have a ? about what 80mm fan to use i reccomend this"

and it would be awsome paired up with th sk7 or the slk's

CamH said:
You can't even hear it with a stereo on...

If you play your stereo loud enough to drown out a Tornado, pretty soon you won't be hearing much of anything.

I ordered a vantec Thermoflow
but I am going to have a fan controller!@!@!

IS there a way to short the temp sensor so that it reads max all the time??

I wasn't expecting vantec to be so good...
They have the sensor right on the fan to adjust for fan speed....

I'm puttin in an SLK-900u and a vantec fan controller...

This is so stupid..

Will the adjustment of voltage screw up the temperature sensor?
I also ordered a 2$ Sanyo Denki 92mm just because it was 2$

WOuld that be better? It pushes less CFM at max though....

Gautam said:
I'd say a Thermalright SK7 paired with a Thermaltake SmartFan II is about your best option. You can find both at both newegg and svc.

I agree with Guatam. I have this setup and the ability to turn the fan down during idle times is more than worth it. Great cooling too, although not as good as the SLK-800's. But hey, it was 50% of the price :D

Back