• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the PLL chips on the NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randalthas

Registered
I was looking at a link to a NB cooler at sidewinder computers. I'm sure you've seen it, it's the North Pole thing. Anyway, they give to 8 chipsinks, 6 for MOSFETs 2 for PLL chips. The MOSFETs are easy to find. But, where are the PLL chips? I keep poking for something hot, but I don't find 'em.

Sorry, but since we're all checking our mobos, what are the two extra jumpers for? There is one right by the PS2 header and another one close to the LAN/USB header. I don't see them in the book or on the web page. Thanks again.

Last edited:
here u are.

board1.jpg

board2.jpg

the pll chips, or clock generators dont get that hot at stock speeds, or slow speeds, but they have to work overtime when running high fsb, and there are two of them coz it has to manage the pci and agp speeds, aswell as cpu/fsb speeds on a none nforce board.

which jumpers? im not really that familiar with this board, but im interested and will try to find out for you.
:)

on my version 1.2 the jumper by the ps/2 ports, its silscreened on the board next to it "KBPWR1",,,,, maybe keyboard power?

Back