• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i have read a lill about flashing bios but im still in the dark can anyone help me?

first they say to create a bootable system floppy disk i don't know how?

how do i enter dos to create that disk?

i have asus a7n8x-none dlx rev 2.0 1003 bios

it says to crate a boot disc but i need a bootable floppy and the xp boot disk file is too big to fit on the floppy i don't understand this!

well, make sure you have a 1.44mb floppy(it has two holes, one in each upper corner), go into my computer and right click on your floppy drive(with the disk in) and click format from the drop down menu.
The will be a box labeled make msdos boot disk that you need to click then press start.

theres your boot disk.

go to www.bootdisk.com and download the drdos7x disk for bios flashing..no drivers...put that on a floppy.

then put asus awdflash and the bios you want to flash to on another disk....

follow the instructions in the nforcershq link above...i'm pretty sure i showed you that one before...it's really easy...

sorry that the link that is posted above is really not clear to me
i would need a step by step link
thanks anyway

put the bootdisk you made in and restart your pc...

when it goes to the A:\, insert your floppy with awdflash and you bios on it.

type in awdflash

awdflash should come up.

then enter the file name (i.e.C181005X.bin) make sure you get the file name right...

hit enter. let awdflash do it's thing....

or you could just use asus update and do it that way...not the preferred method but it'll work if using the bootdisk method is too complicated for you....

Back