• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ pc3700 gold dual channel 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davejonesusa

Can someone out there please help me find a store that sells 2x512 mb pc 3700 dual channel ram. I have looked everywhere and have even called ocz (waste of time) and have gotten no answers. PLEASE HELP

MANY THANKS

DAVE

This post would get some responses if it were in the correct forum, i.e. cyber deals. You might want to repost/ask a mod to move the thread.
In answer to your question, you do not have to buy special RAM to use the dual channel feature of your board. Any two sticks of RAM will work dual channel. However, some manufacturers sell matched pairs of RAM, which are supposed to work better in dual channel. However, the difference will be minimal or nil, so the extra money could be better spent elsewhere.
As to where you can buy OCZ PC3700, SVC is selling 512 mb sticks of OCZ Gold PC3700 RAM on sale for $228.

Back