• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo and Video Card Fry after a reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acclu97

Registered
I rebooted my computer today and I noticed that the letters in the bios were many different colors. I continued to go into windows and then the screen would turn black and the monitor would shut off, I could still here windows actually load in the background. I figured it was the video card so I went out and bought an mx440 just to test it out. I put it in and this time the letters in the bios where the correct color but windows still wouldnt load. To make a long story short I tested all the different components using two different computers and concluded that both the motherboard and the video card went bad within that reboot. Personally I cant figure it out, (a short somewhere, my overclock?) and was hoping one of you might have an idea of what went wrong earlier today. Also, I bought this mobo on 5-13-03 from newegg, have any of you had success returning a product from them over thirty days?

Thanks

Well it sounds like you torched something on there. I had the same thing happen when I tried to use a burnt out cpu on a mobo before (testing the cpu to make sure it was bad and it took out the mobo that I was testing it on). You may have had the voltage too high to the cpu and fried in at boot up and it slowly took out the mobo and vid card. Hopefully you will be able to rma the mobo, just go to neweggs site and check to see if the approve the rma, and if they dont do it online give them a call. I take it that this was a refurbed mobo?

Kind of the same thing here. NF7-S R2 has been runing for about a week. Left the computer on overnight and when I came back to the blank screensaver I use there were vertical white lines across everything. Rebooted and it didn't work. Check my 9800Pro in another pc and it is hosed. Not sure about the mobo because I'm afraid to put another video card in it.

This whole thing has been a pain in the *** but on the bright side, I guess I am forced to get a new/upgraded video card :D. Think Im probably gonna go with the 9700pro. I am gonna call newegg today to see if they will take back the mobo, if not I gotta send it to abit.

Back