• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the MSI K7N2-Delta-L any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurk

MSI K7N2-DELTA-L nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 .

This motherboard is cheaper than some of it's competitors. Anyone seen any reviews?

Yes, it's good. I have the ILSR and my buddy has the L. We both built them up at work and are quite happy with them. It depends on the features you're shopping for.

msi always has good packaging but i would recommend the abit or epox boards if you plan to oc...otherwise, the asus and msi...in that order......

Why not recommend the Gigabyte? It's supposed to be one of the best OC'r boards.

warning... before gettin the msi board, make sure the ram works on it... theres alot of ram issues.

I am considering purchasing this board myself as the pricing is very attractive. Does anyone know if this board has the four mounting holes through the motherboard to mount Swiftech MX462 heatsink? This will be a major factor in my decisiion to purchase it or not.

This board despite the nForce2 does not have PCI lock so you may want to take that into consideration when buying! The Epox 8RDA+ is $83 at newegg and is a lot better than the MSI board...I would look in that direction. ;)

altec said:
This board despite the nForce2 does not have PCI lock so you may want to take that into consideration when buying! The Epox 8RDA+ is $83 at newegg and is a lot better than the MSI board...I would look in that direction. ;)

Thanks dude. Now I gotta find a place in Canada that has those great prices!

YIkes. That's an awesome deal. There's nowhere in Canada even close to that price. They don't ship to Canada either =((((

i did read that the gigabyte boards are very good...that was from an anandtech review so i'll wait and see....

Jarhead7236 said:
i did read that the gigabyte boards are very good...that was from an anandtech review so i'll wait and see....

This is a budget board, the Gigabyte board was almost double the price. You get what you pay for, but I think this is a good board for the money.

I won an auction on ebay for this board today. I got it for $64 plus $8 shipping. It is new, not used, and the seller seemed very professional and had good feedback. I wish it would have the holes so I can put my swiftech heatsink on it. Oh well, maybe I'll figure out something to do or fork over some money for another heatsink that will work with this board.

neverman said:
Why not recommend the Gigabyte? It's supposed to be one of the best OC'r boards.

i hope its just what ive seen....but in the shop i work in, we've had more DOA/come back soon after sold Gigabyte boards than any other.

the only thing ive seen worse is HP computers. but hey, our service dept has to stay busy somehow......

disclaimer of the above post:

The info contained above is only my personal experience. Your luck with said brands may vary.:D

Back