• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O Boy the next SLK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Switch

My gosh would you look at the size of that heatsink!!! Not a bad fan design either, however with that blade design most air is to come from above the blades. An all around good looking cooler if you ask me. Eventhought I wouldnt mind chopping up that block of machined copper to make a pelt chilled reservoir or some RAM sinks. :D

Kyle

EDIT: Weak CFMs though for 13.8v. . . consult the chart.

Looks much like the Britney heatsink, although the Britney heatsink is not copper.

It seems that fan my be less noise but it will shoot air out through those vents as well as down, IMO that will be less airflow on my CPU, I don't like it. I''ll stick with my SLK's as they are proven good.

It seems like the air might go out through the side vents in the fan if there is enough back pressure. I don't know about that heatsink, but if you put that fan as a case fan trying to push air through a filter or restricted grill then it might leak out the side, which would not be a good thing.
The heatsink doesn't really look all that impressive.

not only that, but from the pic it looks like the fins are kinda too close together, (restricting airflow???) And isn't it a little tall? Will there even be enough circulation near the base there most the heat is from?:confused:

i seriously doubt that, kinda makes me mad becuase many of thier products are copies of others :mad: like that blower fan

not only that, but from the pic it looks like the fins are kinda too close together, (restricting airflow???) And isn't it a little tall? Will there even be enough circulation near the base there most the heat is from?

Does a thing called surface area mean anything to you? CLose together & tall fins make a lot if this, so with the right fan you can transfer air quite well.

Not to be a fanboy for thermaltake or anything, but I do thing credit is due . . . no other companies try and push for technology developments the way ThermalTake does, even if it is useless now, that is how everything works its way into application. Not needed now, but later someone will find an application for it, and it will be perfect.

Open up your minds. Computers were invented off of promises (Win OS) and new things.

errr, im not dissin thermaltake, iv got alot of thier stuff man (including a Xaser, i don't think its ugly at all:)), im just saying with that fan it doesn't look like the air will reach the bottom, where it kinda needs to be. if you disagree, fine, but don't be so harsh, it was just my opinion

Very interesting fan design. Looks like this is the first commercial implementation of the Panaflo FBL series "Augmented Fan Technology" fan.

yet another idea stolen by ThermalTake.

when is this company going to hire an in house development staff? all their products were invented/developed by other, competing, companies.

here's a vote for thermaltake...they're better than the stock hsf's...put in two votes+ for thermalright...they rock. you can't argue with 10C+ drops....

Back