• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best heatsink/fan for 2800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hungry Jack

Registered
Just bought all these new components and found out the heatsink/fan that was recommended was wrong! Stupid me for not checking but, anyway, that doesn't solve the current problem, ie. what is the best heatsink/fan for this processor so that it can be overclocked?

And if the noise bothers you, I'd suggest looking at the Smartfan II that has adjustable speeds.

Or, if you go with the slk-900, just get the lowest 90mm rpm fan that outputs over 80cfm :)

What are Delta fans like? The only place I can find that sells Thermalright suggests Delta fans to go with the heatsink as well as Vantec. The Delta, however, seems to be the better choice as it outputs 110cfm at a lower rpm.

Hungry Jack said:
What are Delta fans like? The only place I can find that sells Thermalright suggests Delta fans to go with the heatsink as well as Vantec. The Delta, however, seems to be the better choice as it outputs 110cfm at a lower rpm.

If you value your ears and prefer your computer not to hover go with a lower RPM fan such as the SmartFan2 witch you can adjust the speed to suit you. But if you dont mind the noise then the Deltas do cool really well, the other option you could use is to get a Rheobus such as the sunbeam so you can turn down the delta to your needs, if you decide to go with a rheobus make sure you look for one with good rheostats on it i think the sunbeam is one of the best ones someting like 20watts per channel witch is plenty to handle a delta.

I read that with overclocking, though, you have to turn off the 'smart' feature of smartfans. Since this system will be overclocked in the near future, I don't want to recommend (it's a friends system) anything redundant. Having said that, I'm not sure he'd like a noisy computer either...

Back