• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 sound messed up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

As the title says. The sound is corrupted sometimes in games on my a7n8x deluxe. The southbridge constantly gets scortching hot. Driver problem? Heat problem?

On my Abit NF7-S I had to put a heatsink on the southbridge, otherwise the computer would freeze or reboot while playing games or listening to music. If the heat is your problem (If it's not the WONDERFUL ASUS mobo you've got, *cough*), then I'd recommend getting a Zalman Northbridge heatsink to slap on it. It even comes with thermal epoxy to mount it.

The only downside is you are limiting your PCI card length on a couple of slots, and on my mobo, getting to the AGP card release tab takes a screwdriver now. But atleast I can play games, and have sound better than an Audigy...(for almost free).

And oh yeah, one more thing...Where in the South Pacific?

Back