• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gonna F***ing Snap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

Got my parts today... and they will NOT work. I think I've got it narrowed down to my board(nf7-s r2). Put the 2500+ and xms2700 in..... windows won't load. And the comp resets so fast I can't read the error code. I've changed the cpu, changed the ram, tryed different slots, lapped the hs, fiddled w/every bios setting. It just keeps crashing after the serial raid msg comes up. When I try safe mode, it stops loading at mup.sys. I figure I'm screwed here. Anyone got any ideas? or maybe something I haven't heard of?

No, because nothing will load. Windows/WinXP CD/drive is ntfs.

I'm using my old system now.

I wouldnt expect windows to load after switching from a different chipset. Did you boot off the cd.

Ya I tried of the cd... lightning fast bluescreen.

I'm reading about how to config the serialATA raid. Could this have any effect on boot seeing as I'm using a single IDE?

I dunno. It sounds like it's not something broken. Make sure you set everything manually to what it should be and disable everything you arent using.

Ya, it's prolly one of those stupid things. I know the ram/cpu work and if the board was busted, it shouldn't post. I'll put it together tomorrow again and see what happens.

It sounds like you are going to have to reformat. I got lucky on my last board swap and only had to reactivate windows. I wasnt so lucky the couple of board swaps before that though, had to reformat each time.

I got it running.... it was convinced my GF3 was 8x. I reset it manually and it works fine now. I knew it wold be something stupid. Thanx for all the input.

Back