• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TazExtreme3

Since I'm 18 with no income(I'm lazy, but looking for a job), I was wondering, If I take off my passive heatsink off of my P.O.S vidcard and replace it can I use that on my northbridge cause it isn't cooled and it gets warm at times?

If its only getting a little warm, then I don't think you are going to improve anything (as far as your O/C), but it couldn't hurt. You will probably reduce the temps on the NB a little bit... go for it. I see it as practice epoxying heatsinks and such... I had to pratice on my brand new (at the time) radeon 8500... that's no fun.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

so eloquently said... and oh so true :)

Skiing Squirrel said:
Sure. I don't think the northbridge would need good cooling until about 166mhz fsb range though.

I plan on overclocking a bit more when I get a better heatsink or watercooling so that is why I ask. Thanks

yeah extra cooling is always good, I tryed to make a fan adapter today but the fan was too weak. Plus I still have the stock intel cooler so I need to replace that very soon.

Back