• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soundstorm trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buffalobills7

Registered
I have the nforce2 soundstorm motherboard (abit nf-7s v.2) I just bought some creative megaworks 550 speakers 5.1. problem is i cannot get the rear sound to do anything. I know all the speakers are working because i tried them on another computer, I have the latest nvidia 2.03 drivers for this motherboard, and have the sound enabled in the bios, and have the 5.1 selected in the windows control pannel as well as 6 speaker enabled in the nforce control pannel. Basically the black port and orange which connect the rear and center audio do not work at all. There must be something simple that i am missing, any help would be appreciated. Perhaps the motherboard is bad?

switch the black and the orange.

Also in the soundstorm control panel, make sure that something is playing on the rear speakers.

Also, dont those speakers have a digital connection?? Just use that

Zim is right i had the same problem with my altec lansing 641 on an abit nf7-s. I just didn't have sound from the rear so as a last act i plugged my rear speakers in the orange one and finally i had sound from the back \o/

Back