• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s want post<<<

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I cant get my board to post for S***. I have tried to clear cmos and still nothing. Screen come outta standby for about 5 sec's then goes back into standby. I have also tried different mem slot's still nothing the one thing I haven't tried was a new chip or vcard. But everything was working fine on my 8rda so I dont think it's my vcard, cpu or mem. Any jumper's I should know about?

Is the power on :D j/k What have you been doing to it latly? Did you just power up one morning? Or is this brand new board? Try putting your chip back in your other mobo.

Last edited:
I havn't tried my old baord again but I'am fixing to put it back in I have tried 2 stick's of ram and 2 chip's still want post all it does @ the most is the monitior comes out of standby for about 3 sec's thats it.

Last edited:
most probable cause of "nothing posting" on you system will point out to your bios chip. it may have lost (erased) all the current info/data on it. therefore you're not getting your system to post. See if there's a reseller online that may have an emergency kit (bios chip) replacement for you specific board. If not, check your Mobo manufacturer and drop a line or 2 to their tech support and see what they might have to say, about a replacement. Good luck

i had a similar problem once... my MX 420 made my system completely whacked... on startup it would beep, then wait in standby..... then go into the win95 (win95 most likely my problem) boot screen thingy... then start all over again. i just got XP and thats all fixed (phew).

probably not much help!

I was thinking on either rma or bios replacement myself I will have to wait either way and see what happen's. I also thought of just getting another abit and send this one in for repair and sale it after I figure out which is better out of the 2 board's.

Back