• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not happy with SVC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsspewer

Twice i've ordered from them, and twice they've not made me a pleasant customer. First time with them, i ordered the clear case along with 5 fans. When i recieved the case, it was not the same as pictured on their site. The one that was pictured had completely open fan holes, nothing covering the fans. The one i got has slits for the intake of air across the fan holes, thus reducing my air flow by 1/2!! Only after arguing with them did they agree that they would at least update the photo on their site to reflect the product they are actually selling, and told me if i wanted open fan holes that i'd have to drill them myself!

Ok..so maybe that was just a bad experience for the first time..not everybody tries to screw u over everytime. So i decided to give them one more chance. I ordered a fan controller, fan, something else, and a clear PSU mod from them. I get an email saying that the PSU mod is out of stock and that the entire shipment will be shipped when it is available. What?! Their site did not reflect that it was out of stock, besides, i had noticed that the week before it said out of stock, then they took that notice off, so i assumed it was back in stock! I tried emailing them, and calling them. NO ANSWER FOR 3 DAYS! I finally called one more time and got through and was irate! Had the PSU mod cancelled, they said they'd send everything else out, to which i said this is the last time i'm ever ordering from them, and that i'll find my PSU mod from someone else.

I don't know if any of you care of my situation. But two bad experiences from them doesn't leave me satisfied. From now on, SVC will never hear from me again!!!

I am right there with you about the "out of stock" items.
Just last week I placed and order with SVC then two days later I get an email stating some items were out of stock.
At least I got to cancel my order. Why the website wasnt up to date on out of stock items is beyond me.

This is the 3rd bad experiance ordering from SVC.
The first was an order with missing items.
The second was a bad fan, replaced with a bad fan (two bad fans in a row) and I gave up on them.
This was the third, out of stock on the items I ordered yet the site didnt list it.

I once ordered a Thermalright SK6+, a delta 60 and some AA from them. Bearing in mind that I live in Massachusetts, and gave them my address, they somehow shipped it to Arizona. I noticed this while tracking the order on UPS.com. But after calling them, they shipped the order again, giving it second day air free of charge, so I got it at exactly the same time as I would have without the mixup. I don't know if this exactly counts as a bad example, but if I hadn't tracked my order, goodness knows when I would've got it, and it also shows that they are quite mistake-prone.

I ordered 3 times 3 times I had GOOD service and on time delivery.
I'm sorry you had this problem. It happen's at even the best site's.
I do understand your frustration.

I just placed my order two weeks ago, with First-Class, I still do not have my order. :eek:

They take for ever to respond to e-Mails, or don't at all.

And I got an e-mail two days after I placed my order saying that a couple of my items were out of stock.

no more SVC for me. :rolleyes:

got my order, from the time they shipped it they excluded a product that I orderd, and forgot two of my items :eek:

And when I first placed my order they had a sale on Round IDE cables, so I picked up a few, but from the time my order was delayed till shipped the price went up and THEY RAISED MY PRICE ALSO, WTF!!!!!!

SVC is ran by people only out to make a profit, I am sorry that I strayed from Newegg I will never buy from SVC AGAIN!!!!

they had it on sale, delayed your order, then sent the order with the current price at the time of shipping? WTF?! BAD BUSINESS ETHICS! My family owns our own small business and we do everything possible to keep people coming back. And if customers are nice enough to us we even will give them an on spot discount. Shame on SVC...shame shame...

I dont think that SVC is like newegg wich is all web and auto inventory warehouses. Its a company you can walk into and look around.

Its always harder to rely on website stock when any company has a "real" store. You have people buying off the web and people buying in store. By the time everything is all updated its all screwed up. There is alot privately owned buisnesses that do update by hand.

Im not trying to defend them or anything Im just saying its a real store in california or something. Prob a bunch of guys like you and me screwing around playing with stuff just trying to make all the fast buisness chaos make sense. Full automated system may not even be practical for a small private buisness. So they are doing what they can.

Freezermug said:
I dont think that SVC is like newegg wich is all web and auto inventory warehouses. Its a company you can walk into and look around.

Its always harder to rely on website stock when any company has a "real" store. You have people buying off the web and people buying in store. By the time everything is all updated its all screwed up. There is alot privately owned buisnesses that do update by hand.

Im not trying to defend them or anything Im just saying its a real store in california or something. Prob a bunch of guys like you and me screwing around playing with stuff just trying to make all the fast buisness chaos make sense. Full automated system may not even be practical for a small private buisness. So they are doing what they can.

Thats not entirely true. Yes you can walk into SVC but they have a computer in the Lobby that you have to use to place a order. If you live close enough it saves a bunch on shipping cases and monitors. You cannot pick items off the shelf however.
I've bought several items from them instore and from home and have always been happy. I have read several threads though from ppl that had problems with SVC. I always see on thier site that they are hiring so it seems they have a personel problem. Perhaps that is the root of the problem. Its hard to get good help these days.
I'll do business with them until I get screwed by them.

They got to me too. I've ordered random small stuff from them over the past couple years, and haven't had a problem. With my last order, they put it on hold because my shipping address didn't match my billing address. I had ordered twice in the past month and that hadn't been a problem before. I was likle WTF and called them. I spoke with a guy, and he was like, "uh, yeah, they don't match." I was like, "why is this a problem now? I wasn't in the past... etc." He said "ok, I'll just ship it out."

So if they do that to you, just call them and hopefully it will be that easy to clear up.

Back