• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inositle

I'm looking for a new case, and want one w/ good ventalation.
What are some suggestions and places to buy?
Also, will a new PSU help my temps at all? I'm planning on getting a Sparkle w/ 120mm fan, mine right now is a cheapo PSU.

Thanks

i would suggest buying a case from newegg.com :) if you dont really care about having an original case then you could get one of these...

Linky Link (Click Me)

just look through the info to find one with a lot of fans.. and i guess in your case try to find one without a PSU...

your new PSU will probably help your temps since it has a nice big ol fan in it.

xoxide.com has some case for $50 (its on the main page) that seems pretty good for airflow

I highly recommend the Chenbro SR-104 entry level server case. You can get one from Newegg for about 75 bucks or so. Great quality and the design is wonderful. The powersupply mounts sideways above the motherboard area and the hard drive bracket (can hold like 6 hard drives iirc) also mounts up above the motherboard area as well. The hard drive bracket location has a 92mm fan venting the HDD heat directly out of the case. Also, on the front there is a 92mm fan included, but you can snap out the 92mm mount and mount a 120mm there instead if you prefer for intake. Also comes with another 92mm fan on the rear for exhaust that you can unsnap and mount a 120mm if ya want. The holes for the fans for airflow are nice and wide and you shouldn't have to do any mods to get better airflow. Anyhow, I love mine after I got it. Like it better than some of those other more popular ones like the dragons. Good luck.

Aktunka

Back