• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster vs. Thermaltake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hungry Jack

Registered
Ok, it turns out that to get the Thermalright SLK 900 is a major PITA in Australia and the person doing all the purchasing can't be stuffed. So, he's limiting himself to what he can get from one particular store and has given me the task of selecting which is best.

This of course means that I come here and ask y'all what's best :D

These two are ones I've picked as being what I think are the go based on reviews and whatnot but at the end of the day, I don't know what's best and given the immense range of heatsinks/fans, it's been tough trying to find reviews for all of them.

Coolermaster AERO 7+

Thermaltake Volcano 11

If you can find a better heatsink & fan on that site, I'd be very gratefull Otherwise if you can point me to reviews for the above two or just tell me what you think of them and which you think is the best, thanks.

EDIT: Oh, I should mention that I've already read the review of the Thermaltake on Overclockers.com

I haven't heard anything about the aero 7+ really... I do remember hearing one or two good things about it though. Frankly, I am not really impressed with the thermaltake. I say go for the aero. It looks like its sold copper, so lapping it, and thermal compound should get you decent temps, even if the heatsink wasnt that good. Good luck.

my god those prices are a ripoff.......even with the converson.

they aren't terrible, so I'd go with coolermaster.

I would go with Cooler Master.

I had seen some very poor review with V11.
In some cases, V11 performs worse than V9 (wish I can find the reviews :( )

I believe TT had issue with its stacking process. Don't know about now.

Go with the Coolermaster. You'll thank yourself you made that decision. Cooler Master actually pays attention to their product quality.

I would go for the Aero 7+ too. If I wasn't so tight i may get one:D .
Im using the TT V11 atm, one word.. awful! No matter what i do lapping, faster fan, etc; same result, 49°c idle! I really like the aero's skived heatsink where the fins and base are as one, where as the v11 uses soldering i believe:(

Firstly, those prices are some of the best in Australia. They are not a rip-off. When you live in a country that is several thousand miles from anywhere, you'll have to pay for shipping expenses too.

I was a little apprehensive about the Coolermaster as I can't find any decent reviews about it. The one I linked too doesn't give any real technical info and doesn't test it. However, I like the principle that its trying to blow air on the center of the heatsink where all the heat is and I also felt the production quality stood out as being quite high.

The Thermaltake, on the other hand, seems a bit shoddy. I've been roaming this forum and have seen a lot of detractors of it saying that it, and the company, aren't that great. I've also seen a lot of people saying they like TT, but the fact that the product is soldered and usually requires lapping, I think makes it a low-quality product.

The difference, in Australian dollars, between the Coolermaster and TT V11 is $30. For that sort of money I just don't think it's worth risking the CPU so I've recommended the AERO 7+. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

They have also the X-Dream from coolermaster it is sinfully cheap and a very good performer for the price.:cool:

CAN'T go wrong with an Industry Leader

Sorry to break this to ya but Tt has never really Lead anything, there new heasink is a copy of the Thermalright SK series.

But This heatsink is only a few C/W behind the SK-700 which is an awsome preformer. I would have to say go with that :) Plus it is on Special :p And adjustable.

Jarhead. I know Thermalright are better, but I'm not buying for me. I'm buying for someone else who ONLY wants to go through Scorptec. Scorptec don't sell Thermalright and I can't order Thermalright stuff through them.

Thanks for the Xdream and Volcano 7 recommendations. I had previously thought to eliminate the Volcanos because I had figured that if the 11 wasn't good enough, then the others would be worse. But someone told me that the 7 was better made so I should still consider it.

The guy who's doing the buying has been incommunicado since his computer didn't post after I put it together... sigh, I *swear* I did everything right.

Back