• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kinds of cooling and stuff would u get if u were me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

I am getting some new stuff for a half way new computer tommorow, and i was also gonna spend my allowance+ a lil $ this month on cooling.

8rda+ epox mobo
2400+ amd xp
512mgs pc3500 (geil)
geforce3ti500
wd 80gig hd 8mg cache

I was gonna get an slk-900 + tornado 119cfm fan, and some like 80mm 65cfm fans as case fans (i have 4 like 20cfm fans right now that dont move a whole lot of air at all.)

what else should i get? My video card runs really hot, but im only gonna have it for a couple more months i think. Im gonna try and push my fsb up into the 200+ range, so do i need any mobo cooling? Suggestions?

I'd say get the 2500+ Barton from newegg instead. It's much more logical. Anyway I'd say the SLK-900 and an additional case fan will do the job well including keeping the video card cool.

I think the fans are a little overkill. I only have 3 30 cfm fans in my case, and the noise is tolerable, but have a few 65 cfm, and a tornado, that thing is going to be loud. I would look into getting a reobus.

i know how loud they are, but i dont mind them. I run a huge like 2 foot tall fan that puts out a lot of air about 2 inches from my face at night cause my room gets hot, so i wont be able to hear my comptuer ne ways. I Think im gonna get my tornado, slk 900 and cold cathodes this month.

WEll for one thing start off with a Vidoe cooler TT makes a great one. Definatly want 1 or 2 intake fans(w/filter) and 2 exaust fans.

Back