• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Litle cooler box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elv

I saw this little portable cooler.And was thinking if I would stick my mobo in it with a heatsink and fan and airseal it. would I still be in danger of condensation.

No, you wouldn't have to deal with condensation. I have the feeling you won't get good temps from it, though. Give it a whirl. Who knows, it might work.

cold in warm environment = condensation.
warm in cold environment = no condensate.

That said, it won't work. Not unless it is some miracle device I've never heard of. The only ideas in this vane that I have found feasable are the ones where someone intends to place the guts of a system into a sub-zero chest freezer or similar.

It would have to handle, what? about 200w? for extended periods. This would far exceed the cooling capacity of some TEC based portable cooler. If it is only portable in the sense that is it small enough to move and has an actual compressor, nope still won't work. The constant heat load generated by the electronics would probably kill it and certainly overwhelm its cooling capacity. Of course, you may want to use the experience as upgrade incentive;)

Back