• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 2000+ heatsink/fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

what is the best heatsink/fan combo for the amd2000+ processor? i am reaching 60c temperatures and it is keeping me from OCing..what is the best heatsink/fan for cooling, and the loudness of the fan doesen't matter

The best possible would be an SLK800/900 paired with a 92mm Vantec Tornado. We'll see whether or not you think noise matters after hearing it, though ;).

You can also use a Thermaltake Smart Fan II. This fan comes equiped with a voltage regulator, so you can adjust the RPMs of the fan, and are thus able to lower the noise of the fan. The best heatsink around is the SLK-900, but the SLK-800 is very close in performace and much cheaper. If you get a SLK-900, you can use a 92mm fan instead, which gives you a much wider range of choices for fans that have enough airflow to cool your CPU.

the tornado? isn't that the fan that can suspend a cd 6inches in the air? how loud would 3 of those in my pc be? and yes, i do plan to use that to cool my cpu with the slk-800, the 800 does look cheaper and the only difference is the compatibility with the 92mm fan which i doubt i will need...

You should get a 92mm no matter what; it'll always be better, and you can fit it onto an SLK800. If you want something quiet, use something like this.

I put an Vantec Aeroflow on my 2000+ and had my cpu temp drop from high 50's to high 30's. Used AS3, which I also had on my stock HSF.

Back