• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the slk900 of northbridge coolers.. at a price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
very nice kit looks great. however its much cheaper to epoxy a Socket A heatsink you have lying around to your northbridge. you would also get better performance because of a bigger heatsink and a 60mm fan (im talkin about using a aluminum heatsink a copper one could rip out the northbridge)

but then if somethings wrong or goes wrong with the mobo your screwed and cant rma it. Epoxy is permanent, this thing has screws that allow you to remove to it, thus you wont void your warranty.

Thats not really that big, it may be a little taller than a stock NB HSF but its the same size as the chip pretty much. I like it, if it goes on sale for a good price I might get it. It's a little too pricey for me right now.

i'd never buy one of those but it does look nice/different :p

do mosfets get that hot that they need heatsinks? does it help to cool them? what are mosfets btw? i know they help with unlocking multipliers maybe but what do i know....

There is a review on the main page, If you search enough, on cooling the MOFETS Transistors and IC chips, it actually brings the 5v rail up.

Back