• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Ducting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok I am getting a room air conditioner installed in my room pretty soon and I of course want to have a pipe going to my computer to send in cool conditioned air into the comp. I am unsure if I need to move my computer. The window is a little above the desk and the monitor is on that side of the wall, oppisit the monitor is is the computer tower,

Could I have a 4.5" to 5" ducting tube going to the tower or Should I get the comp as close to the AC as possible. I am thinking the latter is best but I want to make sure. Ok now how do I go about doing this? Should I have the duct go into a fan on the back side of the computer or should I cut a hole in my plexi glass side and have the duct come in the side of the comp. How many exahust fans should I have. Any thoughts on how to do this?

well, first of all are you using flexi pipe or PVC pipe, are you going to duct air straight to the case AND cpu? how many feet of pipe would you need for either setup? how are you planning to force the air to the case from the ac? i would say send fresh air into bothe fan holes in the rear of the case and blow the warm air out of the front or side of the case, that will give even flow across all the electronics and will cool everything better

Back