• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temps .. need help ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital0mnivore

Registered
ok .. i have a 2.4c .. and right now im running @ 3.423
i have a zalman 7000cu cooler .. my case temps are 27C
and my cpu idles around 41C .. but when running prime 95 ..
it gets up to like 64C .. i dont get it .. how come there is such a huge difference between my idle and load temps .. can anyone give me some ideas .. maybe i need a different cpu cooler . like a slk900u

What thermal grease are you using? If you are using ASIII, did you follow the instructions?
Take off the heatsink. When you look at the bottom, is there a rectangle of the thermal grease in the shape of the core? If it is not the same size as the core, your heatsink was not making proper contact.
Also, what method are you using to read the temperatures? Some motherboard sensors are inaccurate, and I believe that the IC7-G may be one of those boards (try posting the question in the Intel Motherboards -> Abit forum).
Good luck!

Do you have a physical thermometer that you could use to check the accuracy of the board? I think that I heard about your board having problems reading the temps accurately.

Back