• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How loud would 4-5 tornados be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

i need to cool my PC down and tornados seem to be the best for that, but how loud would 4 or 5 of them be inside my pc? what is something it is compared to, and i want realistic answers, not it sounds like a jet engine or anything...i have an aluminum ATX case, if that makes any difference...no window, and how can i fit 92mm fans in the holes fit for 80mm?

uh, that would sound like a friggin vacuum i think (seriously) ..

i've heard people say that their family members tell them their computer is too loud from the other room because of tornados heh

It's more likely that it'll sound like 5 vacuum cleaners.. ;) :eek:

Most people don't realize how loud one of these are, and believe me.. you will go nuts sooner or later because of them. If you're serious about getting them.. at least get a rheobus along with them so you can turn them down.. you'll need it ;)

i have headphones on listening to loud music all the time. even when my mom is running the vacuum right beside me it doesn't bother me.

Snipester said:
Aircraft Carrier with harriers lauching off constantly

its not what he wanted to hear... but its true... 4-5 60decibel sources is just huge!

Hmm...

Actually, considering decibels work on an exponential scale, assuming those fans run at 60 db (I have no idea, but it's the principle that counts) you'd actually be looking at something closer to 65-67 db.

All the same, it's probably pretty loud.

so...it is like a very loud vaccume cleaner...i can deal with that, if i buy some headphones...and a jet is around 80 decibles so that is a faulty assumption....

If you buy Smart case fans, then you can crank them up for the max airflow if you want (although a little less than the tornado), but you can turn them down with the included RPM adjuster. Also, since these are 80x25mm, they will fit in any case fan holders in your case (little plastic holders for fans, like on a chieftec).

sirtoby said:
It's more likely that it'll sound like 5 vacuum cleaners.. ;) :eek:

Most people don't realize how loud one of these are, and believe me.. you will go nuts sooner or later because of them. If you're serious about getting them.. at least get a rheobus along with them so you can turn them down.. you'll need it ;)

My girlfriend thinks i vacume on the phone, she's slowly catching on that it's just my computer

190 cfm at 59 decibles and 4,000 rpm...nice but that sucker is huge! 120? where in hell would that thing fit without mods? i think i will stick with the 80 and 92mm tornados, btw..what can i do to fit a 92mm tornado in an 80mm hole on my case?

My old Smart Fan II ran at 5600 RPM, and my computer sounded like a monster. I am guessing that wasn't close to 60 decibals (4800 RPM is only about 48). It ****ed all of my friends off, and I couldn't be on late at night because it was hard to sleep and can be heard all the way down the hall.

4 or 5 Tornados will NOT be worth it sonny.

i just put a 92mm tornado in my dads computer, that sucker is loud. none of us had a problem with my black label 60mm delta but that fan was driving my dad nuts so we got a rheobus and now it runs at a bearable 3200rpm.

they are great fans as long as you have a rheobus to slow them down a bit.

AFIsoldier said:
so...it is like a very loud vaccume cleaner...i can deal with that, if i buy some headphones...and a jet is around 80 decibles so that is a faulty assumption....

considering how decibals raise move from one level to the next.....no its not 80 db is MUCH louder then 65. If you dont know how they scale search...this info is in like 10 different threads.

I had a torando and while i loved the temps i hated the noise i ended up spending another 20$ on a baybus and then ran it at like 7v 23/6 (<-- heh).

anyways no matter who you are that sound will bug you eventually my mom would actually come down and just unplug the power cable if i left it on when i wasnt home. Yeah so um....now i use water :0 She and I are much happier

"Most people don't realize how loud one of these are, and believe me.. you will go nuts sooner or later because of them. If you're serious about getting them.. at least get a rheobus along with them so you can turn them down.. you'll need it"
I have an 80mm Sunon(same as Tornado) and an 80mm Delta in my 800MHz P3, and after running the machine for a few minutes, I don't notice the noise anymore.
[H]ard guys like their equipment nice and loud, it simply sounds more powerful(my friend Tom Stage LOVES how loud his dual Britney is).
"My girlfriend thinks i vacume on the phone, she's slowly catching on that it's just my computer"
One time, someone called Tom Stage, Tom was asked if he is tuning up his R/C racing car again.

Back