• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aero7 turbine fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since there is no dead spot in the middle of the fan with that one, that might make up for the lesser CFM. It would be interesting to compare it to other fans on a SLK-800.

Are there any tests of this out there? Dammit, I say someone at Overclockers should test this thing... at the very least, they'll get a funky new paperweight for free :)

OK I ordered one and will place the fan ONLY on my SLK-800a and see what happens. I'll let you all know when I have tested it out. :D

i got the aero 7+ today and had no time to install it :(
it seems pretty heavy. Well i guess this is my first copper hsf so its proably heavier than the aluminum ones. This fan looks really cool but performance i'll see tomorrow

ok the hsf is great. It keeps my cpu at 32c idle and 34c load.
When you install it i recommend you take the blower off before you put it on your socket. I had a hard time installing it with the blower on since my case is kinda small. The bottom of the heatsink wasnt that smooth so i sanded it with 1500 grit sandpaper.

Did you get yours yet? if it does better than your smartfan at full blast im gonna have to get one

No I haven't and that is what I am hoping for as well. I'll loose a PCI slot opening but if I can have it run quieter than the SFII does and still have my low temps I'll be very happy.

Just hard to justify $60+ total for both the SLK and the Areo 7. :(
Oh well, to FOLD faster is my reasons!!

When do you get it... i kind of doubt it will beat 75cfm vs 27 or whatever. I bet some kind of duct would maximize airflow on the center with a smartfan and it would really kick ***.. maybe i will try that Tt duct thing with a smartfan

I thought I was going to get it this morning but no UPS guy today.
I'm going to call Newegg if it doesn't show tomorrow since it was supposed to be here within 5 days and tomorrow is day 7. (Working day 7 minus the weekend)

Wierd, i always get my stuff from Newegg in 2 nights 3 days and i'm alot further away.

Same here this is not normal and I really hope it's not a stock issue or worse yet, a payment issue! Guess I'll find out in the AM.

Why don't you log in at newegg and check the progress and track it if it's been shipped

Back