• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attaching a fan to a socket 7 heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

does anyone know how you would fit a fan to one of these heatskinks? I want to use it on the core of my radeon 8500. Thanks for any replies in advance.

Superglue. Just glue something to use as a spacer to the fan first then glue it to the heatsink. You could also try GOOP. I've used that as a gasket on case fans to dampen the vibration.

Cheers, I think Ill try superglue, sounds easier. For ramsinks could I just put sperglue on the corners and CPU pase in the middle? I am buying a CPU heatsink that comes with paste so I was going to use that instead of shelling out the 10 pounds for arctic silver.

10 pounds for srtic silver! Sounds like you're getting hosed. I got some for $5 or less three months ago. You might want to look around for a better price. You can do RAM sinks that way if you choose but the temps would be better with articsilver adheasive. Have fun.

Back