• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Steady is your Meanwell PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neptune

I recently set up a TEC H20 system and I'm using the Meanwell to power my 220w TEC. The voltage coming out of the PSU seems less than steady, however. I've been taking measurements every few minutes and I'm seeing some interesting fluctations. I'll set the psu to around 13volts, then 5 minutes later, it may be around 12-ish, or sometimes even 14-15v.

Now its been pretty hot around here lately and the PSU casing is getting pretty dang hot, so I'm assuming the compontents are getting hot and simply not regulating consistantly. So my next question would be: have any of you modded your MeanWell PSU's? I'm thinking of adding some additional cooling, or at least cutting out that fan area and replacing it with a wire grill.

-Nep

Only mod I have heard people doing is that they flip the fan reversing the direction the fan blows.

Back