• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I feel like such a loser....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clash

My via aqua is dead. I went to the local parts store to get a quick hs/f to get me by till i get a new pump. All they have in this town are retails. El' chepo's...

Well this thing holds my temps in the mid 50's constantly. I was just curious, what others are getting with retail hs/f's ?

I ran this same type of hs/f on a 1600 pali once before and it also held in the 50's. And i have throttled down to stock settings in the bios. No overclocking. I feel like such a loser....

yea the retail, is meant to keep the temp at a optimal unoverclocked temp

its generally in the 50's

you guys are weird...i have retail hsf with crapola thermal pad.....on my 1800+ pally @ stock and i get 40c....unless it gets up to 27c down here (basement normally at 23C ambient)....then it jumps to 46c but mostly around 40.....maybe you need more case fans...lol...i think i have too many to justify the stock hsf.

Those low ambient temps really help... I'd be under 40 if it wasn't for my room being like 25-30C+ depending on what time of day it is..

i get high temps with my stock hs/f..low 50's sounds right...eats up thermal past and i have to re-past every 5 months...not bad but annoying...i am planning to get tornados and an slk-800 to drop them temps to the 30's or mid 20's..

Back