• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

North Pole NB Cooler....the best NB cooler out there!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
man to bad this only comes in the AMD north bridge flavours or I woulda ordered one for my IC7 yesterday.:( Bummed...its looks very sweet and does an excellent job of not only cooling the NB but it come equipped with little heatsinks for the mosfets and the PLL clock generator chips on the mobo. DANG I want this bad....I just need to figure out how I can get it to safely secure on to my Intel NB hooks.

8200rpm fan...& its quiet
copper skived fins
extra killer mosfet & PLL chip heatsinks

Man what else could a oc bro want?:cool:

Looks nice.. 33$ without shipping is a bit expensive though. If you can fit an sk-6+ on though you can get better cooling for cheaper.

That's a really nice heatsink and all, but I refuse to spend as much money as I did on my CPU heatsink for a NB cooler.

TerroH8er said:
That's a really nice heatsink and all, but I refuse to spend as much money as I did on my CPU heatsink for a NB cooler.

I would spend this much, because I have been looking into cooling my NB & mofets for a while now. There arent' any mosfet type cooling chips here local and the only ones that I would even consider are the tweakmonster style kind and thats anywhere form $12-$20 on the net.

krag my friend had a site that sold mosfet chip coolers, 4 bucks for like 3 and they look like the ones with that northpole cooler except they aren't anodized. When I see him again I will get you that link.

I had every intention of cooling the NB on my 8rga+ actively but can't do that since the 900u basically overlaps the sink on the NB. Oh well though the smart fan blows through the fins onto it anyway and brought the temps to around 36 on it so I am happy :)

Yuriman said:
Could this be used on a video card?

Hmmmmmmm? Yeah I bet it could if you modded it a bit. It seems kinda tall for a GPU though. If all you have in your pci slots is a nic then it would work good.

Back