• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
measure the diagional across the fan itself(not the shrowd[sp?]) and then find the curcemfrence...you should know algebra..and there is your answer..

Wolfeinstein said:
how big hole drill do i need for 12mm case fan

I hope you mean 120mm fan ;)...

Use a 4-3/4” or 121mm hole saw...and its fine to be 1mm over...wont restrict any of the airflow and still leave anough room to drill the mounting holes...

They do not make a 120mm hole saw...and using a hole saw is much better and easier to use...will make the hole cut look very professional...

Re: Re: fan

glock19owner said:

I hope you mean 120mm fan ;)...

Use a 4-3/4” or 121mm hole saw...and its fine to be 1mm over...wont restrict any of the airflow and still leave anough room to drill the mounting holes...

They do not make a 120mm hole saw...and using a hole saw is much better and easier to use...will make the hole cut look very professional...

I would second that, you might spend $20 on a hole saw but it will be worth it in the end when you have a nice clean round hole. :)

Wolfeinstein said:
hole saw that i connet to the drill?

yes

Milwaukee Hole Saw (this is just an example...you can buy hole saws at lowes and menards and other places that sells tools...do not buy the ones from wall mart...junk and wont last more then a few holes)

Back